January 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Stacey - Gateau Aux Carottes




Today is Stacey's B-Day.  Monday I was thinking: what kind of cake I should make for Stacey. 

I haven't make carrot cake for a long time.  I got this recipe from my French teacher Lise.  I tried some different carrot cake and banana cake recipes. But nothing better than Lise’s  

I am not a “Sweet” person.  So I changed Lise’s recipe a little bit.  Instead of walnuts, I used hazelnuts. It turned out very good.  Victor tried the edges that I cut off for decoration purpose.  He liked very much. 

Gateau Aux Carottes
2 1/2 cups                 All purpose flour
2 teaspoons              Baking soda
1 teaspoon               Cinnamon
1 teaspoon                Salt
1 cup                         Vegetable oil
1 cup                         Sugar (Lise’s recipe use 2 cups of sugar)
4 large                       Eggs
1 teaspoon                Vanilla extract
4 cups                        Carrot (ground)
1 cup                         Hazelnuts (tossed and finely chopped) (Lise’s recipe use walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda
cinnamon and salt. In another big bowl, pour in oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla
extract; beat with electric mixture till well combined (about 5 minutes).
Corporate mixed wet ingredients with dry ingredients, carrot and hazelnuts.
Pour in a 9” greased and floured baking pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Insert
a toothpick into the cake, if the toothpick is dry, the cake is done.  Leave the
cake on a rack for 10 minutes then remove the pan.

You can eat warm or cold.

Happy Birthday

Life Is Good!
Life Is Sweet & Spicy!

2 comments:

  1. Your getting so good at this , Dopo Cena should hire you as their Cake and Cupcake designer ? H.W.D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is long way to get there. Thank you.

      Delete