February 02, 2013

Course 2 - Final Cake




Time flies. Two-hour Lesson-4 finished. I rushed to put final touch on my cake. Everybody was waiting for me. They were so fast. They finished their decoration less than 10 minutes. I was the last one. “Practice makes perfect” I believe that’s truth. I really need more practices. “Sorry guys.”

Here you go: my final cake for Course-2. Two hours ago I didn’t even know what I am going to do with my cake. It was “Devil Food Chocolate Cake” with butter cream icing on, white and plain. I didn’t prepare enough icing to decorate the whole body of the cake for the basket weave design. So I decided to make half basket. With the help from our teacher Mandi, I got my basket weave with royal icing flowers cake done. It turned out very nice. One of the students said: “You should do this for living.” What courage! Thank you. But I am still far to there.

Later on the disaster happened. The class was finished. We all packed and were leaving.  When I walked out the door and found out that all basket weave round my cake fell. All my hard works with my heart were gone.  I was so sad. I run back to Mandi. She said it was probably caused by the piping pressure I used was not strong enough. The night before, I put one coat of butter cream icing on the cake. Today when I was piping the basket weave, I should push the tip further more into the butter cream. So the basket will stick on the coat, not only lightly touching it. Actually if pipe basket weave round the cake, the butter cream icing coat is not necessary.

See I still have lots of things to learn. Fortunately, I took 3 pictures before the disaster.



Here are some other students' final cakes.







Life Is Good!

Life Is Sweet & Spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment