February 17, 2013

First Fondant Figures


After Wilton Course 2, I couldn't wait for Course 3.  I am so into cake decoration now.  Thanks Maggie and Antoinetta brought me into this.  They referred me to Wilton Cake Decoration.  And thanks our instructor Mandi.  She is the one inspired me.  Now I am loving it.  In Course 3 we will work on fondant and all kinds of flowers. The course haven't yet start, I am searching online already; flipping all the recipes and cooking books I collected, try to find related information. 

When I just started this decoration course, I got my very first 2 orders from friends, for their sons birthdays. However I mixed up one of them.  Instead of on Feb 7, I remembered his birthday as Feb 9. I couldn't get the cake done. I felt so sorry.  The boy likes angry birds game.  To make up for him, I made him fondant angry birds.  I searched online to find out what angry birds are (I don't even know this game).

I found shaping the figures are hard, but the most hard part working on fondant is the coloring and kneading.  After few minutes kneading, my hands are sour, my arms are tired; after coloring, both my hands turned to black, the black spots were all over my apron, my arms and my face.  It was so messy.  We were laughing in the class about the movie " My big, fat Greek wedding": Windex works on everything. IT WORKS. I used Windex cleaned my hands before soap. It washed off 90% of colors.  

I like working on figures. It takes a lots of imaginations.  My first stage was followed and copied the other people did, then add little more my own twist.  These are the first batch figures I made.  They are eatable too (but I don't think anyone wants to eat these).







Life Is Good!
Life Is Sweet & Spicy!

2 comments:

  1. Forget about cake animals , you can make toys for Toys-R-Us children stores and maybe sell them in china. Manufacturing them in china and selling them world wide. Labeled "Angry kids animals" inc



    HuckWeeDoy

    ReplyDelete