March 11, 2013

Course 3 - Final Cake


Here you go.  This is my Course 3 final cake. I kind of cheated.  Because everybody finished their final cake at the class on Saturday, I couldn't get it done.  I was too slow.  So I finished at home.  As I promised, I post this on my blog.

Three months goes by so fast.  Course 3 finished. From zero till today, I feel that I grown so much. Now I found my new hobby, something I am so passion of.  I feel that there are million things to learn about cake decoration, and I couldn't wait to learn all of them in one day.  Really, the sky is the limit, use your imagination, cake decoration can go as far as you can. Of course plus hard work and patient. This is not easy and lazy job, a lot of piping, kneading, shaping, cutting, curving, gluing...

When I was doing this project.  I found little trick to hold the ruffles.  My ruffles were very soft.  They couldn't hold the shape, to weave. So I use some pins to hold them till the ruffles dried.  And nobody can see the pin wholes.







Here are some pictures from the other students.  Something was very funny at the class.  Antonietta made traditional Italian cake with three thick layers of fillings. When she got in class, the whole cake leaned aside. It looked like Leaning Pisa Tower. Everybody was laughing.  Mandi was so good.  She saved most of the cake.  With all roses and a big bow, it became a beautiful cake.  The next day Antonietta sent some of her cakes to us.  Oh man, I have to tell you, my cake maybe looks good, but her cake, the leaning tower, was delicious.  I want the recipe.



Life Is Good!
Life Is Sweet & Spicy!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! You continue to Amaze Me!!!! I told you you should be teaching with MOI!!! I love you blog, cause I can actually see you and your facial expressions and I read.... I MISS YOU GUYS!!! xoxox I have to share your blog on my page!!! Hope you dont mind! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mandi. I miss you too. I am not quite certain what I am doing without you being around. Actually I've been thinking of the teaching recently. The garage is very busy now. After these couple months if there is still available. Thank you for sharing my blog.

      Delete